« Home | I'm On Parole » | I'm Stuck In Prison (Kind of) » | A New Day Ends » | A New Day Dawns » | Babysitting » | Thank You, Lostpedian! » | A Scanner Darkly No More! » | It's Too Early For This... » | My World Is Falling Apart » | I'm Heading Over To Emmy's Now »

A Mysterious Phone Call

Before I get around to congratulating everyone, I have some... interesting? bad? creepy? news.

This morning, at about two o'clock, my cell phone rang. I was half-asleep (for once) and I didn't think to record the conversation. I really wish I did, so you could hear it for yourself, but I didn't. I answered with a groggy "Hello?" There was nothing on the other end other than heavy, ragged breathing, as if the caller had just run a mile. I tried again. "Hello? Is someone there?"

That's when the voice spoke up. "Be on A. I. M. Thursday night at six thirty." And then they hung up. I was so shaken, I couldn't get back to sleep for the rest of the night... because the voice was Emmy's! I know I'm going to have to get online tomorrow night at six thirty, or something bad is going to happen. They forced Emmy to call me and tell me to get online, so it must be important. If you want to talk to me, I'll be there... and that doesn't just go for the kidnappers.

I didn't go to school today; I shoved a spoon down my throat and forced myself to throw up. Mom doesn't mess around with vomiting, especially when it's all over her kichen table :). So, I was allowed to stay home and keep my eye on the various websites the 'nappers are using to give me their clues.

And now... GREAT JOB! You guys found a lot of information yesterday. The Eye of the Snake, huh? That must be the group of people who kidnapped Emmy. It's sort of disturbing, isn't it? I wrote earlier that I rooted for the Nova Group (who wound up killing 4400, if I remember my current events correctly. I probably don't; I never do). Now it seems like this Eye of the Snake group is connected to the Nova Group. And they're after me.

That morse code message from OF14 sends chills down my spine. They did this all because of me? Just because I'm outspoken against the 4400 in my school. Emmy was captured, because of me. It's a difficult concept to grasp, really, but I'm going to have to deal with it. Because it's true.

Ok. Now I'm going to attempt to interpret that... poem? Is that a poem?
Here's what it would look like in poem format, I think.

THE EYE OF THE SNAKE IS ALWAYS UPON YOU
they're watching me.
CAN YOU EVER FORGET WHAT YOU SAID TO HER?
let's not go there.
NOW HER LIFE'S IN THE BALANCE AND IT ALL HANGS UPON YOU.
it's up to me to save her.
IF SHE DIES DO YOU THINK YOU CAN EVER FORGET HER?
can I live with the guilt of not saving her?
WE'RE WATCHING YOU, LUC, AND WE DON'T LIKE WHAT WE SEE.
they're watching, and they're not happy.
YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING THIS ALL BY YOURSELF.
I'm not supposed to be using you guys... but Too Bad!
LOOK IN THE PLACE WHERE IT'S DIFFICULT TO SEE.
I'm supposing this is the hidden text on the Eye of the Snake geocities page...
AND YOU'LL REALIZE THIS IS ALL ABOUT YOURSELF.
the text is supposed to show me that it's all about me... somehow...
IT WAS NEVER ABOUT EMMY, LUC, IT'S ABOUT YOU.
it's about me... this is really repetitive, isn't it?
YOU AND YOUR STUBBORN PREJUDICE.
because I don't like the 4400.
WE TOOK HER TO CHANGE YOU, TO FORCE YOU, TO MAKE YOU
they want me to...
SEE THAT IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO HAVE PREJUDICE.
change my mind about the 4400.
NOW, LUC, IT IS TIME TO GIVE OUT THE NEXT CLUE.
clue time!
AND MAKE YOU REALIZE WE'RE ALL AROUND.
make me realize they're watching. Still. Again. More.
BE WATCHING, LUC, FOR YOUR NEXT CLUE
pay attention to my surroundings
MAY COME WHEN YOU THINK WE'RE NOT AROUND.
I'm guessing this clue is referring to the phone call I got this morning, because I was definitely not expecting that.

So, we now have a name for Emmy's captors. The Eye of the Snake. It's got
a creepy ring to it, doesn't it?

I will most definitely be posting later.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Luc, I have to say, interesting phone call. I'll try to be on tomorrow at 6:30, but I need to know your AIM screen name so I can find you.

-Dav Flamerock

Dav, click "View my profile" on the right of the screen. It's there.

Post a Comment